Posted on April 27 2023
Here are the top 5 essentials every stylish woman over 40 should have in her closet:
1. A Boss-Blazer: The classic blazer is an essential piece that every stylish woman should have in her closet. It's versatile, and elegant, and can instantly elevate any outfit. Whether you're heading to the office or a date, a blazer will always have you looking polished and put-together. The key is to choose a silhouette that best compliments your body type (tailored, oversized, cropped, longline etc.) You also want to update your blazer to be more relevant with color, and textures. So this is where you now may want to donate that 2005 interview blazer and elevate and update!
2. Your Perfect Pair of Jeans: Jeans are a wardrobe staple, and every stylish woman over 40 should have a perfect pair in her closet. Look for a high-quality denim that's both comfortable and flattering. Beware of too much stretch content, it breaks down easily and loses shape. A straight-leg or mini flare (no matter your height or shape) is perfect for creating a streamlined silhouette. You can dress them up with a blazer, silky tank, and Ally heels or keep it casual with a tee and chic sneaks. This cute high-rise pair from Mother are one of my current client favs.
3. The Date-Night Stunner: Whether you’re looking to have a little fun with your partner headed out, meeting a new candidate on Hinge, or just hanging with the girls you deserve to feel confident and sexy however you see fit. Who doesn’t want to feel stylish, comfortable, and confident? A good go-to blouse is just the solution. The key is a flattering fit that accentuates your silhouette without feeling “too much”. Experiment with different colors, patterns, fabrics, and textures to bring out your unique style. And don't forget to accessorize! A statement necklace or bold earrings can elevate any blouse and take your look to the next level. Lately I’m loving The Date Blouse by Favorite Daughter.
4. Chic (and Comfy) Shoes: I DEFINITELY don’t wear the same shoes in my 40’s that I used to in my 20’s. After standing in sky-high uncomfortable heels for long periods of time, back in my modeling days, has now made comfort more important to me than ever. Pretty much any client I have over 40 will say the same. But you never have to sacrifice comfort for style. Classics “with a twist” and a good bet for stylish essentials. Like unique ballet flats, loafers, booties, or low-heeled pumps. These styles will take you from day to night with ease and style.
When choosing a comfortable heel, consider a heel that's no higher than 3 inches. This height will provide enough lift to elongate your legs without causing discomfort (depending on the brand.) Also, consider the shape of the heel. A block will provide good stability and support, making them a great option for all-day wear and commuting. Finally, opt for shoes that have a quality footbed strategically placed padding and support for added comfort. This is why I myself own 5 pairs of Ally shoes from the ankle strap high heel, to the low block heels. All are equally comfortable.
5. The Everything Tote: A quality handbag is not only a functional accessory but also a statement piece that can really elevate any outfit. Look for a classic design in a versatile color like black, tan, or navy. A structured leather tote or shoulder bag is perfect for carrying all your essentials and can take you from work to weekend with ease.
Again, no matter what your age we all desire a wardrobe that makes us feel confident and beautiful. By investing in these top 5 essentials, you'll have a closet that's both stylish and functional, with pieces that can take you from day to night with ease. Fashion is not about age, and style has no expiration date. Finding pieces that speak to you, are functional for your life, and most importantly help you feel simply awesome in your own skin, is the ultimate #goal … at any age.
If you’re looking for more help on how to do exactly that, contact Elevated Style By Aliya at firstname.lastname@example.org.