Posted on August 04 2021
Returning back to the office this fall and looking to make your mornings run smoothly. Test out a work uniform. We at ALLY Shoes want to start thinking about what to wear back to the office and we know it's important to step back in with confidence and excitement. We believe in making our mornings less complicated. So we've tapped into some of our stylists and ambassador partners for some tips on work uniforms.
1. Tailored and Feminine - Jessica Kerley-Tanski, Chic Professor
2. Clear Items that No Longer Serve You - Lani Inlander, Founder of Real Life Style.
Creating a work uniform will let you concentrate on your work, not your wardrobe, when heading back to the office. Really put some thought into what you want to wear when you go back to the office and clear everything out of your closet that no longer serves you. Your work uniform should be comfortable and make you look and feel put-together.
- A comfortable blazer with stretch will instantly make you look and feel more powerful, plus it will protect you from office air conditioning.
- A small hoop with some sparkle or in a warm gold tone will add light to your face.
- Color, whether in a blouse, jacket, scarf, or dress, will brighten your mood as well as everyone around you. You will also look better on Zoom!
3. Seven Piece Foundation Wardrobe - Paula Newlands, Stylist
These 7 pieces are the foundation of your work uniform:
- Two well fitting blazers - one solid, one pattern
- A white or cream silk blouse, sleeve length and neckline to your preference
- A dark skinny jean (no rips)
- A black or navy slim ankle work pant
- A tailored shift dress
- Neutral pump
Mix and match without hesitation. Incorporate patterns to your liking and shift from office to happy hour effortlessly!
4. Comfort is Key - Roxanne Carne, Personal StylistI’m all for a “work uniform” because it can offer you both function & simplicity especially as you get back into the swing of things in this post-pandemic world. With that said, comfort is key! Here’s an easy uniform to get you started! Grab your favorite wide-legged trousers or culottes and style them with a soft, lightweight cashmere cardigan or sweater. Finish the look with a sensible flat such as ALLY’s Forever Flats or slides!
Here are some of my style tips to help ease you out of your sweats and into a stress free, comfortable, yet polished wardrobe.
The Power of the T-Shirt- T-shirts are versatile, comfortable and perfect to wear for work. When wearing a tee to work I recommend a tee with a bit of stretch like spandex or lycra as this helps hold its shape keeping you looking polished while being comfortable. Fun details like side rouching or ruffled sleeves help add a bit of your personality to your outfit making you feel a bit more confident as you step into your new routine. Pair a tee with dark denim, work pants or a skirt and add a relaxed blazer or cardigan for an easy work look.
Accessorize- Accessories are the best way to elevate your look. I always tell my clients if you’re in a rush, not sure what to wear or want to feel confident, add accessories to your outfit. A bold necklace, a printed scarf, a cool belt and a great pair of heels automatically update your look while keeping you comfortable.
No Fuss Fabrics- You can still skip the trip to the dry cleaner by incorporating machine washable and no iron fabrics to your work wardrobe. Fabrics like matte jersey or denim are easy care fabrics that are perfect to wear to work.